Building Rapport in the Workplace
In our lifetime, the average person will work more than 91,000 hours! Considering how much time we spend at work, it is important to ensure positive working relationships with colleagues and customers. During this interactive presentation, participants will discuss the importance of verbal and non-verbal communication, reading the scene, setting boundaries, listening skills and find out what M.M.F.I. means.
IKR works with clients to analyze current plan or implement a customized plan. We provide the following BCP services:
- Analysis of plan to identify impact and threat preparedness
- Solution design
- Exercise preparation and evaluation to measure readiness response
Emergency Preparedness and Resiliency Planning
IKR has worked with many organizations to ensure preparedness in the event of an emergency situation, our services include the following:
- Planning and execution of full scale emergency preparedness and response drills
- Emergency management and resiliency summit planning and execution
- Program assessment and evaluation
- In-depth After Action Report (AAR) evaluation, training and facilitation
- Customized program development and implementation
WCCA Holiday Celebration 2011
John has emceed hundreds of events over the past 20 years. His consulting work and informational speaking engagements keep him pretty busy, but he tries to keep some availability for corporate and private events.
Humor in the Workplace
John is a former stand up comedian who has been using humor his entire career. Humor, used correctly, can lighten a heavy situation and help defuse potentially explosive situations. In this presentation, John discusses the subjective nature of comedy and how a positive well-placed quip can lead to higher productivity through a more relaxed and engaged staff.
IKR has experience working with leadership teams at all organizational levels to provide training in the following areas:
- Change management
- Effective communication
- Leading in difficult times
- Team building
- Organizational right sizing
Operating a Successful Emergency Operations Center
There are many components that go in to operating a successful EOC. During this presentation, participants learn about the importance of pre-planning, hazard vulnerability analysis, preparedness drills, risk assessments, response during an event and after action reporting.
At IKR, we understand the importance of always being prepared for a visit from regulatory agencies like OSHA, Joint Commission and CMS. We take an ever ready approach and have worked with our clients to provide the following services:
- Current program assessment and evaluation
- Evidence binder development and implementation
- Staff readiness training for interaction with regulatory agencies
- Policy and procedure review and update
The Social Plan
140 Characters Conference 2011
With the advent of social media we have the ability to be more connected now than we have in the past. This presentation focuses on the positive role that social media can have in maintaining connections, sharing information and providing and receiving realtime updates during emergency situations. Participants are encouraged to send questions to the presenter via twitter or facebook prior to and/or during the presentation to allow for real time response.
Violence Prevention in the Workplace
We work with clients to ensure a safe workplace for staff and customers. As a victim of workplace violence, IKR President John Reid is committed to identifying ways to empower staff to improve communication and ensure successful interactions. These services include:
- Current program review to include gap analysis
- Staff assessments
- Violence prevention training focused on rapport building
- Drill planning to test and improve response